Database: SQL n HANA
Production planning and control is a predetermined process which includes the use of human resource, materials, machines etc. PPC is the technique to plan each step in a long series of separate operations. It helps to take the right decision at the right time and at the right place to achieve maximum efficiency with proper cost control.
For efficient, effective and economical operation in a manufacturing unit of an organization, it is essential to integrate the production planning and control system. Production planning and subsequent production control follow adaption of product design and finalization of a production process.
- Effective Utilization of Resources – It reduces the loss of time by the workers waiting for materials and makes most effective use of equipments.
- Organization can deliver a product in a timely and regular manner.
- Achieve the broad objectives of low-cost production and reliable customer service
- Production planning and control (PPC) is a predetermined process which includes the use of human resource, materials, machines etc. It is the technique to plan each and every step in a long series of separate operations to ensure production of quality products and delivering the same in required quantities
- Production control helps in improving production turnaround times with quality checked before delivering to the client
- It ensures that optimum utilization of production capacity is achieved, by proper scheduling of the machine items which reduces the idle time as well as over use.
- It ensures that inventory level is maintained at optimum levels at all time, i.e. there is no over-stocking or under-stocking.
- Since it overlooks all aspects of production, quality of final product is always maintained.